Followers

Friday 13 April 2007

Milgram experiment

In many ways I don't know why I'm bothering to write this. It is a lovely day and I could be riding my bike or something. However, I find it quite therapeutic; writing something that will probably be never read by anyone but at least I will have put my thoughts and feelings down in a form that is reasonably permanent and can be accessed anywhere in the world.

As some of you who read this may know I have been the victim of gang stalking and mobbing. This has been due to vigilante types trying to punish me for what they see (or have been told is an unforgivable sin.) I have written my side of events in a previous entry so I've nothing more to say in my defense; only that I'm not as 100% guilty as some may think but not 100% innocent either. Anyway, it was over 20 years ago - a one off incident done in my youth that has been blown out of all proportion and no one was harmed.

I have read much about gang stalking and mobbing. There are things that even I find difficult to believe like being attacked with microwaves etc. I would not completely discount it though. I think before discounting it you have to ask, "Is it physically/practically possible?" If the answer is yes then it is quite possible it is going on. I believe we like to think of ourselves as decent human beings and I think for the most part we are, or at least, try to be. However, as I have discovered, even people you consider to be fair and nice people are capable of monstrous things. I think for this to occur there must be a few things that need to happen. First, I think to make a decent person monstrous, you have to make them believe that the person you are targeting deserves everything they are going to get. This can be drummed up in a number of ways. You can completely fabricate a story about them that is a complete lie but convincing because it comes from an authoritative source - Head of a company, your boss, police etc. There is the, "They wouldn't make something like that up." Or ,"They wouldn't go to all that trouble unless it was true." Alternatively, there is the thing where people are told a story with an element of truth and a series of facts/evidence can then be collected together that corroborate the story and this can be presented as fact without the target/victim being able to give their story. You often see this is in trial by media cases - look at the lady witness that was shot in the Hanratty case and the hell she was put through. In my own case I am certain it was the latter. I also think it may have been added to.

I would like to see an experiment into human behaviour conducted, similar to the Milgram experiment, where workers of an individual are told that the individual has committed an unforgivable sin - by the Head of a company and observe the workers behaviour to this target. If the target (who is in on the experiment) starts to feign an illness - time off work with stress etc. will the perpetrators continue with their harassment? At what point will they stop? Will they carry on, as I suspect they will, until the target is eliminated? Any researchers/academics out their willing to give it a go? Go on, find out about the darker side of human nature.

No comments: